The Home Care Packages program, provided by the Polish Community Council of Victoria Inc., are designated specifically for people of Polish-background living in the Eastern and Southern suburbs of Melbourne.
Goal of the Program
The Home Care Packages Program provides services designed to assist frail aged and disabled people of Polish background to remain living independently in their own homes.
What is a Home Care Package?
- A care option that provides hostel level care in the client’s home.
- Planned and co-ordinated care for frail older people who prefer to remain living in the community.
- Individual care is determined after a comprehensive assessment of the client and their needs.
Individually tailored packages can consist of any of the following supports or services provided by Polish speaking staff:
- Case management.
- 24 hour per day, on-call emergency support and monitoring.
- Personal assistance, relating to: bathing, showering and toileting, home care.
- Assistance with the provision of meals and food.
- Transport for medical appointments and social activities.
- Emotional and social support.
- Fitting of sensory communication aids.
- Advocacy services.
Who is eligible to receive a Home Care Package?
Frail older people from Polish background living in their homes who have:
- Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) approval.
- Care needs arising from physical/ medical, social and emotional conditions.
- A need for skilled and comprehensive management of care services.
- A preference to remain living at home with appropriate and reliable support.
- A need for ongoing monitoring and review of their care needs.
How can I be referred for a Home Care Package?
- You can be referred to HCP in several ways, for example by:
- Relatives, friends, your doctor, visiting nurse, social worker and other health professionals,
- Other service providers.
Clients are required to pay a small financial contribution for the service. This will be negotiated with each client individually before service provision begins.
Polish Community Council of Victoria Inc. can also brokerage services to other service providers. People with Polish background currently receiving HCPs from other providers can ask their providers to hire Polish Carers from PCCV. All our Personal Care Workers are native Polish speakers and provide culturally and linguistically appropriate care.
Who do I contact?
Polish Care Services
Polish Community Council of Victoria Inc.
Level 3, Suite 305, 3 Chester Street
Oakleigh VIC 3166